Part of my 100 Frankensteins Project.
I drew the figure in Photoshop and then added color to a layer below. Then I added a digital image of a piece of brown paper below that. I adjusted the transparency of the color layer to 70%, so that some of the paper would show through the color.
It looked like something was missing, so I added the scratchy white outline on yet another layer. Then it still seemed like something was missing so I added a greenish box on a layer right above the background. I was finally happy with it after that.
Drawn in Photoshop on the graphic tablet.
Here's the original rough sketch I did for Frankenstride. It was a little too rough, so I did a second sketch.
I did this second sketch to smooth out the pose and get the proportions right before I started on the final drawing. Normally I don't do two sketches, but sometimes it's necessary to get everything hammered out.